CAPPEM was created to ensure that Canada would never again be vulnerable to shortages of PPE during a time of pandemic or otherwise.
In one year, CAPPEM members have established a robust and secure domestic supply chain that can supply the needs of Federal, Provincial and Municipal governments as well as health and other essential services in private and not-for-profit sectors.
CAPPEM represents a broad swath of PPE manufacturers and integrated services, including masks, gloves, medical gowns, sanitizing materials, health and safety clothing, testing kits, distribution services, medical device production, testing laboratories, financial services and more.
CAPPEM understands the concept of partnership and its members continue to work with government partners, responding to rapidly changing needs, supply chain demands during crisis, investing in new research and development, and creating new, well-paying jobs while expanding Canada’s export capacity of quality, cost competitive PPE.
Comprised of over 27 companies and growing, CAPPEM is truly pan Canadian and culturally diverse with manufacturers representing Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, British Columbia, Alberta and Newfoundland including Aboriginal and ethnic owned businesses.
Membership is open to partners across the supply chain that are wholly Canadian owned, headquartered and manufacture their products in Canada.
CAPPEM’s growing list of member companies employ well over 1,000 Canadians and continue to create jobs. Over 700 new jobs were created by CAPPEM since the beginning of the pandemic and hundreds more can be expected in the coming months.
CAPPEM member companies have collectively invested over $100 million in the past 12 months to assist in the fight against COVID, and millions are expected to be deployed as one of Canada’s newest sectors ramps up production of some of the best and most innovative products on the world market.
CAPPEM’s goals are to:
- Enable a sustainable, globally competitive, PPE industry in Canada
- Ensure pandemic-proof domestic PPE supply chain
- Assure supply of quality PPE products for Canadians
- Facilitate industry collaboration
- Enhance industry knowledge and skills base
- Support the sharing of technologies and resources among the PPE sector
- Provide critical PPE supplies to the vulnerable at low or no cost
- Contribute to national and international PPE Standards
- Guide industry to environmentally-friendly products and processes