CAPPEM was created to ensure that Canada would never again be vulnerable to shortages of PPE during a time of pandemic or otherwise.
In one year, CAPPEM members have established a robust and secure domestic supply chain that can supply the needs of Federal, Provincial and Municipal governments as well as health and other essential services in private and not-for-profit sectors.
CAPPEM represents Canadian SMEs committed to excellence in masks, respirators, meltblown filtration material, spunbond, PPE recycling & testing laboratories.
We are proud of our world leading achievements in breathability, plant-based materials, & lifestyle respirator design.
CAPPEM understands the concept of partnership and its members continue to work with government partners, responding to rapidly changing needs, supply chain demands during crisis, investing in new research and development, and creating new, well-paying jobs while expanding Canada’s export capacity of quality, cost competitive PPE.
Membership is open to partners across the supply chain that are wholly Canadian owned, headquartered and manufacture their products in Canada.
CAPPEM’s goals are to:
- Enable a sustainable, globally competitive, PPE industry in Canada
- Ensure pandemic-proof domestic PPE supply chain
- Assure supply of quality PPE products for Canadians
- Facilitate industry collaboration
- Enhance industry knowledge and skills base
- Support the sharing of technologies and resources among the PPE sector
- Provide critical PPE supplies to the vulnerable at low or no cost
- Contribute to national and international PPE Standards
- Guide industry to environmentally-friendly products and processes